Founded by Miriam Kashiwa in 1951.

The Arts Guild of Old Forge was founded by Miriam Kashiwa in 1951, when she first organized an arts show on her front lawn, with paintings displayed on chicken wire.

From its humble beginnings, moving all over town from the fire hall to the former Nathan’s Bakery and a room in the Mason’s building, the Thendara train station and 30+ years in a former boat repair shop, the arts center has flourished through the years, growing steadily to become a year-round multi-arts organization.

In 2011, the Arts Center/Old Forge moved across New York State Route 28 into its new facility, and was branded “View.”