2018 Keeping with Traditions: Pinwheel
September 29 - November 3, 2018
Next Session: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - Saturday, November 03, 2018 / All Day
The exhibition series, KEEPING WITH TRADITION, at the Quilts Unlimited Exhibit, is based on the heart of quilting traditions throughout the ages. Most quilters started their quilting adventures by making a traditional quilt and we honor that foundation by presenting an exhibit dedicated to our patchwork origins.
The series continues this year with the selection of the PINWHEEL pattern, another simple design that offers many design possibilities for variations, where fabric choices and colors will play an important part in those possibilities.
This exhibit will not be juried and there will be a fee of $15 for nonmembers/ $10 members for one to three entries. All quilters are welcome to submit a quilt for this exhibit and we look forward to a good response. Any colors, any fabrics may be used.
This will be our third year for this series and we have been very pleased and excited by the results of the creativity, imagination and skills of the participating quilters. We invite you to join in on the fun!
- The outer dimensions of the quilt must be between 24”- 48” wide and 36”- 60” long.
- Payment can be made online or in person when delivering the work.
- Space is limited, admission will be based on a first come, first serve basis.
- All works must include the artists name, title of the work on the back of the piece.
- View reserves the right to utilize all images submitted to Keeping with Traditions in promotion of the exhibition and for the general promotion of View.
- View may rescind the right of hanging any work unsuitably presented or misrepresented.
- View will retain a 35% Commission on all works sold.
- Selected artwork must be suitably prepared for exhibition
Delivery of Work
- Work can be delivered to View at 3273 State Route 28, Old Forge, NY 13420, either in person, or by mail.
- All mailed works are at the expense of the artist.
- Mailed works must include return postage.
View All Current Exhibitions