Each year View holds the Quilts Unlimited exhibition, which is open to all artists working in the fiber based quilting medium. All submissions must be made through OnlineJuriedShows.com
For any questions regarding the exhibition that do not pertain to the submittal process please contact
Director of Visual Arts and Exhibitions
PO box 1144
3273 State Route 28
Old Forge, NY 13420
315 369 6411 ext 206
Juror of Selection: Natalya Aikens
Natalya has exhibited her work in juried shows throughout the US. She is a member of SAQA (Studio Art Quilts Associates) and SDA (Surface Design Association). Recent achievements include First Place in Mixed Media at the Armonk Outdoor Art Show 2017 and she was juried into Quilt National 2017 at the Dairy Barn Arts Center in Athens, OH. Most recent publication includes Artful Adventures in Mixed Media by Nathalie Kalbach, from North Light Books. She has been published in Fiber Art Now, Quilting Arts Magazine, Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine, and Art Quilting Studio.
Natalya earned her BFA from Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY and had a previous career in the fashion and film industries. She currently lives and works in Westchester County, NY.
Juror of Awards: Mary Walter
Mary Walter of Massachusetts became fascinated with quilts and quilting in art school. Her style of quilting and participation with quilters has expanded to include; becoming a NQA certified quilt judge, many national exhibits and commissions, teaching, lecturing, a founding member of the quilt artists group Women Who Run With Scissors, and The New England Fiber Collective. She owned a successful Quilt shop, and went on to re-design and manage the shop at the New England Quilt Museum, later taking on the role as curator. Recently she began concentrating on her own exhibits, curatorial consulting, and production of her hand-dyed fabrics and quilt patterns.
Through the generous donation of our supporters, View and the Quilts Unlimited Exhibition are able to offer over $1,500 in awards and prizes.
Best in Show
Art Quilt 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place
Bed Quilt 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place
Wall Quilt 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place
Best Use of Color
- The exhibition is open to all quilters working in Art, Bed or Wall quilts.
- All submissions must contain 3 layers and quilting.
- Kit quilts and hand tied quilts are not eligible.
- All entries must be of original design and personal execution created within the past 2 years.
- Artwork previously shown at View is not eligible.
A non-refundable entry fee of $20/ $15 for members of View enables the artist to submit up to 2 works. Each artist may submit a total of 5 works at a cost of an additional $10 per image. Payment should be made at www.OnlineJuriedShows.com.
- All works must be of original design and copyright of the artist.
- View reserves the right to utilize all images submitted to the exhibition in promotion of the exhibition and for the general promotion of View.
- View may rescind the right of hanging any work unsuitably presented or misrepresented.
- Selection notification will be sent by September 7, 2018
- Selected work must be received at View no later than September 28, 2018
- View will retain a 35% commission on all works sold.
- Selected artwork must be suitably prepared for exhibition and must include the following:
- A 4” sleeve sewn on the upper back of the quilt. Please leave a 1” space between the side edge of the sleeve.
- A cloth label with quilter’s name and quilt title sewn to the back lower left hand corner of the quilt for identification purposes.
- All shipping is at the expense of the artist. There will be a $10 handling fee for each package shipped to View. The handling fee covers condition reporting and photographing of the work as it arrives, and follow up conditioning and repacking at the conclusion of the exhibition. You must include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the work. Accepted artists will receive detailed information regarding shipping and handling requirements.
Deadline for submission: August 24, 2018
Notification of acceptance: September 7, 2018
Work to be received at View by: September 28, 2018
Jurying of Awards: October 4, 2018
Notification of Awards: October 6, 2018
Opening Reception: October 5, 2018, 5-7pm
Exhibition Closes: November 10, 2018
Thank you, submissions are now closed.
Here are some links to our other quilt exhibitions and events.