2019 Adirondack National Exhibition of American Watercolors
August 3 - September 29, 2019
Submission Deadline: April 5, 2019
Each year View holds the Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors, which is open to all artists working in water based media. This includes transparent and opaque watercolors, acrylics, casein, egg tempera, gouache and ink. All submissions must be made through OnlineJuriedShows.com
View is a premier multi-arts facility located in the Central Adirondacks of New York State. www.viewarts.org
For any questions regarding the exhibition that do not pertain to the submittal process please contact
Director of Visual Arts and Exhibitions
PO box 1144
3273 State Route 28
Old Forge, NY 13420
315 369 6411 ext 206
Juror of Selection: Richard Sneary, NWS
An architect and renowned architectural illustrator, Richard Sneary has over the last 3 years also begun painting en plein air in watercolor. His background as an architect / illustrator of architecture often compels him to include something of the built environment, whether it's a town square, back yards, an alley, old derelict structure, marina, trains, bridges, an industrial structure, or fence posts on a farm. Like many artists, Richard is drawn to subjects by light and color, but also by the sense of place, its character, and the story he sees in it, and it is the juxtaposition of light, color, contrast, form, abstraction, and detail that make the stories work. Richard is a signature member of the National Watercolor Society and Missouri Watercolor Society, a member of the American Watercolor Society, and a member of Missouri Valley Impressionist Society. Recent awards include 1st Place in Fast & Fresh at Plein Air Richmond 2013, 1st Place in Quick Paint at Easels in Frederick 2013, 1st & 3rd Place in watercolor at 2013 Stems Plein Air Paint, Honorable Mention at Wayne Plein Air 2013, Best of Show at the 2012 Missouri Valley Impressionist Society Inaugural Juried Exhibition, 3rd Place Award at 2012 Plein Air Vermont, Best Architectural Award for the 2012 Plein Air Easton competition, and Best of Show in the 2011 Stems Plein Air Paint. His work is represented by Strecker-Nelson Gallery in Manhattan, Kansas.
Juror of Awards: Kathleen Giles, NWS, WHS
Kathleen is an artist that works primarily in watercolor and is a signature member of the National Watercolor Society, American Women Artists, the Pennsylvania Watercolor Society, the Niagara Frontier Watercolor Society and a member of the Watercolor USA Honor Society. Her work is defined by strong values and intense colors on a variety of subjects. The artist is self-taught and works in a realistic style that also showcases the “washy” look of watercolor. She teaches two eight week sessions each year at the Kenan Center in Lockport, N.Y. and teaches workshops in the U.S and Canada. Kathleen has co-hosted a weekly cable show on Lockport Cable television entitled “Watercolors with Jody and Kathy”, since the fall of 2012.
Through the generous donation of our supporters, View and the Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors is able to offer over $10,000 in awards and prizes.
Complete award list to follow
- All works must be comprised of 90% water media.
- Collage and prints are not eligible.
- All entries must be of original design and personal execution created within the past 2 years.
- Artwork previously shown at View is not eligible.
A non-refundable entry fee of $40/ $30 for members of View enables the artist to submit up to 2 works. Each artist may submit a total of 5 works at a cost of an additional $10 per image. Payment will be made at https://www.onlinejuriedshows.com/Default.aspx?OJSID=34067
- All works must be of original design and copyright of the artist.
- View reserves the right to utilize all images submitted to the Adirondack National Exhibition of American Watercolors in promotion of the exhibition and for the general promotion of View.
- View may rescind the right of hanging any work unsuitably presented or misrepresented.
- Selection notification will be sent by April 26, 2018
- Selected paintings must be received at View no later than May 24, 2018
- View will retain a 35% commission on all works sold.
- Selected artwork must be suitably framed and ready for installation
- All shipping is at the expense of the artist. There will be a $10 handling fee for each package shipped to View. The handling fee covers condition reporting and photographing of the work as it arrives, and follow up conditioning and repacking at the conclusion of the exhibition. You must include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the work. Accepted artists will receive detailed information regarding shipping and handling requirements.
Deadline for submission: April 5, 2019
Notification of acceptance: April 26, 2019
Work to be received at View by: May 24, 2019
Jurying of Awards: June 7, 2019
Notification of Awards: June 28, 2019
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony: August 2, 5-7pm
Exhibition Closes: September 29, 2019
Entering your Images
You can enter your images online at www.OnlineJuriedShows.com
Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at:
For best results, make sure your image is 1920 pixels @72 dpi on the longest side. Images should be in
JPEG format, sRGB color space.
If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please contact email@example.com or