Submission Deadline: April 3, 2020
Each year View holds the Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors, which is open to all artists working in water based media. This includes transparent and opaque watercolors, acrylics, casein, egg tempera, gouache and ink. All submissions must be made through OnlineJuriedShows.com
View is a premier multi-arts facility located in the Central Adirondacks of New York State. www.viewarts.org
For any questions regarding the exhibition that do not pertain to the submittal process please contact
Visual Arts and Exhibits
PO Box 1144
3273 State Route 28
Old Forge, NY 13420
315 369 6411 ext 206
Juror of Selection: Marnie Becker, AWS
After a career in education and social work Marnie Becker began to study drawing and painting by taking several introductory courses at the Art Institute of Chicago, but it was in a portrait workshop taught by Ted Nuttall in 2011 that she realized she had found her passion. She has continued to study, most often with Ted, to refine her skills and develop her unique style. Marnie had mainly concentrated on the impressionist portraits which have become her signature pieces. After gaining success with these Marnie has begun to move in an abstract direction with both portraits and urban scenes. She likes to edit photos to concentrate on the shapes of the painting, leaving out many details. She has earned signature status in quite a few watercolor societies, including Illinois, Florida, Georgia, Southern Watercolor Society, Watercolor West, Western, and most recently, American Watercolor Society. Additionally she is featured in Splash, Best of Watercolor, 19 and 20, and Watercolor Artist magazine included her painting, Communal Table, in an article in 2017. Artist Magazine has recently featured her work, Red Bandana, in an article titled 12 Watercolor Artists Who Are Making A Splash, in May 2019. In September 2019 Marnie was the subject of an in-depth article about her work in the international magazine, The Art Of Watercolour.
Juror of Awards: Robert J. O’Brien, AWS, NWS
Robert J. O’Brien is a full time award winning artist and popular local, national and international workshop instructor. He is a signature member of the American, National and New England Watercolor Societies, among others. He recently received the The Guild of Boston Artists Award for excellence in realism at the New England Watercolor Society’s 2020 Signature Member Exhibition in Boston, and the Award of Excellence at the 43rd International Exhibition of the North East Watercolor Society in Kent, Ct. In 2019 was accepted into the 99th Open International Exhibition of the National Watercolor Society and the 152nd International Exhibition of the American Watercolor Society, held at the Salmagundi Club in New York, NY.
Robert was a co-Juror of Awards for the 151st International Exhibition of the American Watercolor Society in 2018. He was featured in the 29th issue of the Art of Watercolour magazine also in 2018, and in the February 2015 issue of Watercolor Artist Magazine. Robert serves as the Scholarship Chair for the American Watercolor Society. He lives and paints in Weathersfield, Vermont and teaches workshops throughout the United States, and abroad. www.robertjobrien.com
Through the generous donation of our supporters, View and the Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors is able to offer numerous awards and prizes.
- All works must be comprised of 90% water media.
- Collage and prints are not eligible.
- All entries must be of original design and personal execution created within the past 2 years.
- Artwork previously shown at View is not eligible.
- A non-refundable entry fee of $45/$30 for members of View enables the artist to submit up to 2 works. Each artist may submit a total of 5 works at a cost of an additional $10 per image. Payment should be made at www.OnlineJuriedShows.com.
- All works must be of original design and copyright of the artist.
- View reserves the right to utilize all images submitted to the Adirondack National Exhibition of American Watercolors in promotion of the exhibition and for the general promotion of View.
- View may rescind the right of hanging any work unsuitably presented or misrepresented.
- Selection notification will be sent by April 24, 2020.
- Selected artists will receive a 2020 Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors Catalog at the end of the exhibition.
- Selected paintings must be received at View no later than May 22, 2020.
- View will retain a 35% commission on all works sold.
- Selected artwork must be suitably framed and ready for installation.
- All shipping is at the expense of the artist. There will be a $10 handling fee for each package shipped to View. The handling fee covers condition reporting and photographing of the work as it arrives, and follow up conditioning and repacking at the conclusion of the exhibition. You must include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the work. Accepted artists will receive detailed information regarding shipping and handling requirements.
Deadline for submission: April 3, 2020
Notification of acceptance: April 24, 2020
Work to be received at View by: May 22, 2020
Jurying of Awards: June 8, 2020
Notification of Awards: June 26, 2020
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony: August 7, 5-7pm
Exhibition Closes: September 27, 2020
Entering your Images
- You can enter your images online at www.OnlineJuriedShows.com
- Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx
- For best results, make sure your image is 1920 pixels @72 dpi on the longest side. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space.
- If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949‐287‐8645.