Submission Deadline: March 30, 2022
The Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors is hosted annually in August and September by View in Old Forge, NY. The exhibition is open to all artists working in water-based media. This includes transparent and opaque watercolors, casein, egg tempera, gouache, acrylic and ink. This year all submissions must be made through CallforEntry.org (CaFÉ). This exhibition will be on display at View and will also include virtual components.
View is a dynamic Center for Arts and Culture based in the Adirondack Region of New York State. www.viewarts.org
For any questions regarding the exhibition please contact:
Visual Arts Manager
View Center for Arts & Culture
315 369 6411 x206
Juror of Selection: Ratindra Das, AWS(DF), NWS, TWSA(DM), WHS, WW-Master
Ratindra Das is a Dolphin Fellow and a signature member of the American Watercolor Society. He holds signature memberships in the National Watercolor Society, a Distinguished Master status in the Transparent Watercolor Society of America, and a Master Signature member in Watercolor West. He was invited to exhibit in the first “Shanghai Zhujiajiao International Watercolor Biennial Exhibition” and also has exhibited in the “International Watermedia Masters” in Nanjing, China, and the “Taiwan World Watercolor Competition” in the Republic of China. He has been appointed an Honorary Member of the Jiangsu Watercolor Research Institute. Ratindra is a sought after workshop instructor and has conducted watercolor workshops and classes throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, China, Singapore and Italy. He is recipient of over 80 national awards. He has published two books,” Watercolor with an Eye for Design” and “Watercolor Beyond Obvious Reality.” He produced a workshop video titled “Painting a Personal Reality in Watercolor.” He has been featured in several books and magazines. He is represented by the Blue Dolphin House and Gallery, Ephraim, Wisconsin; Mullaly’s 128 Gallery, Elk Rapids, MI.
Juror of Awards: E. Jane Stoddard, NWS, TWSA-Master
E. Jane Stoddard, NWS, TWSA-Master is an accomplished and award winning artist with multiple Signature Affiliations. She started her art career as an oil painter and her love of detail carried over to watercolor. She strongly believes in doing all of her own drawing and believes that strong composition is critical to good painting. Her multiple layers of transparent watercolor create deep rich darks and dramatic color. Jane has traveled extensively in search of new subjects to paint and is attracted to boats, market scenes, and most recently still life. Jane has entered, been accepted to and participated in hundreds of national shows during her painting career winning numerous awards along the way and her very first national award was at the Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors – the circle is complete!
Through the generous donation of our supporters, View and the Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors is able to offer over $12,000 in cash prizes.
- All works must be comprised of 90% water media.
- Collage and prints are not eligible.
- All entries must be of original design and personal execution created within the past 2 years.
- Artwork previously shown at View is not eligible.
- A non-refundable entry fee of $40/$25 for View Members enables the artist to submit up to one work. Each artist may submit a total of 5 works at a cost of an additional $10 per image. Payment should be made at CallforEntry.org (CaFÉ).
- Go to CaFÉ at www.callforentry.org
- Artists should set up a profile on CaFÉ or log into their existing profile, upload artwork as digital files.
- Click on “Apply to Calls,” search for 41st Annual Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors.
- Follow entry instructions.
- Image size should be unframed dimensions of your work.
- Submitting a work of art to this exhibition the artist agrees to the conditions and terms set forth in this Prospectus as well as in the Acceptance Notification Letter.
- CaFÉ does not permit any image changes, replacements, or refunds after submission.
- Please check your pricing carefully in your portfolio, price changes are not permitted after entry in CaFÉ. If your work is not for sale, make sure to update this in your portfolio. By submitting your pricing and work as for sale through CaFÉ, you agree to sell that work at the price submitted.
- For additional assistance with entry visit: https://www.callforentry.org/artist-help-cafe/how-to-apply-artists/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All works must be of original design and copyright of the artist.
- View reserves the right to utilize all images submitted to the Adirondack National Exhibition of American Watercolors in promotion of the exhibition and for the general promotion of View.
- View may rescind the right of hanging any work.
Full instructions for shipping and delivery will be provided in the Acceptance Notification Letter.
- Selection notification will be sent by April 22, 2022.
- Selected artists will receive a 2022 Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors Catalog which can be picked up at the gallery or included in the return shipping of the artwork.
- Selected paintings must be received at View no later than May 27, 2022.
- View receives 35% commission on any sales made during or resulting from the exhibition at View.
- Selected artwork must be suitably framed and ready for installation.
- All shipping is at the expense of the artist. There will be a $10 handling fee for each package shipped to View. The handling fee covers condition reporting and photographing of the work as it arrives, and follow up conditioning and repacking at the conclusion of the exhibition. You must include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the work. Accepted artists will receive detailed information regarding shipping and handling requirements.
Deadline for submission: March 30, 2022
Notification of acceptance: April 22, 2022
Work to be received at View by: May 27, 2022
Award Notification (email will be sent to award winners): June 24, 2022
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony: August 5, 2022
Walkabout Lecture: E. Jane Stoddard, NWS, TWSA-Master: August 6, 2022
Exhibition Opens: August 6, 2022
Exhibition Closes: September 25, 2022