The Central Adirondack Art Show is a long-standing Old Forge tradition showcasing some of the finest artists throughout the Central Adirondack Region and beyond.
AWARDS JUDGE: JEANNE LAMPSON
The arts have been a very influential part of my life, even from a young age. I grew up on a farm near Brownville, New York where my father operated a landscape and greenhouse business. Our family went on many camping and hiking trips to the Adirondacks, both in my own youth and again with my children. This helped give me a love and appreciation for nature and provides my greatest inspiration for my new paintings. I started drawing at a young age and was always encouraged by my family. I took all the art classes offered in both high school and college, and numerous classes from local watercolor artist. However, I have been mostly self-taught in the watercolor medium through observation, private study and vast amounts of time practicing. The look of watercolors, so fresh and spontaneous, is what originally drew me to them and my paintings now range from realistic to impressionistic. In addition to running my business, I have been teaching adult education watercolor in workshops in the area. I am grateful to my students as they often give me inspiration and fresh ideas as well as a renewed enthusiasm. I belong to several Watercolor Societies. I’m an Associate member of the American Watercolor Society, Signature member of Central New York Watercolor Society, and Associate member of the North East Watercolor society.
Shipped Work: 3/19
Hand Delivery: 3/25 & 3/26 (11am-3pm)
Exhibition Opens: 4/3
Award Winners Notified: 4/9
Opening Reception: 4/23 (5-7pm)
Exhibition Closes: 6/6
Pick Up Date: 6/7 (11am-3pm)
• Through the generous donation of our supporters, View is able to offer over $1,000 in cash awards/prizes including a $500 scholarship for a student.
• This exhibition is open to living artists age 16 and up who are either members of View or reside within 200 miles.
• An entry fee of $20/$15 for View Members allows artists to submit one work for exhibition.
• The exhibition is open to all media, except video, film and sound.
• All works must be of original design and execution and created within the past 2 years.
• Artworks may not exceed 48” in any dimension or weigh over 100 pounds. (unless prior arrangements are made).
• 2-dimensional work must be appropriately framed with a wire and ready for hanging. (No saw tooth hangers please)
• All work must be priced or valued for insurance purposes.
• View retains a 35% commission on all entries sold.
• Artwork will be insured by View for the duration of the exhibition.
• All submitted works may be used by View to publicize the exhibition or facility.
• Artwork unclaimed by July 1st, 2021 will become the property of View.
• Work must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition.
• All work must be registered online before the work is delivered or shipped (see registration link below) Note: We are requiring online registration as we will continue to offer an online exhibition along with our in-person exhibition. (New to taking images of your work? - check out the links below)
• Works may be hand delivered 11am - 3pm: Thursday, March 25th or Friday, March 26th, 2021 or by appointment.
• View is unable to store packing materials. All materials used in the delivery of artwork must be removed from the premises once the work has been delivered.
• View is also able to receive shipped work.
• All shipped works must arrive no later than: March 19, 2021.
• All shipping is at the expense of the artist.
• There will be a $10 handling fee for shipped work. The handling fee covers condition reporting and packing.
• You must include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the work.
• Shipped work should be sent to:
2021 Central Adirondack Art Show
PO Box 1144
3273 St. Rt. 28
Old Forge, NY 13420
• The exhibition closes on Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 4pm.
• Pick up is Monday, June 7th from 11am - 3pm or by appointment.
• For any questions, assistance or to schedule an appointment for drop off/pick up contact Visual Arts Manager, Heather Caufield - email@example.com or 315-369-6411 x206
Members get discounted entry fees to exhibitions and more!
Download the Prospectus: 2021-CADK-Prospectus.pdf
Download Artwork ID Label/Receipt: CADK-Artwork-Label-and-Receipt.pdf
Tips for taking images of your work
To help take the best pictures possible of your work, we have found some in-depth, step-by-step tutorials to aid you in the process. The links below include a lot of details, but the key takeaways are all the same:
Tutorials for a smartphone camera: