The Central Adirondack Art show is a long-standing Old Forge tradition, showcasing some of the finest artists from throughout the Central Adirondack Region and beyond. Held for the first time in 1951 in the front yard of View’s founder Miriam Kashiwa, the Central Adirondack Art Show is a testament to the significant place the arts hold within the hearts and minds of the residents and visitors to the Adirondacks.
Awards Judge: Ann Larsen
Ann Larsen was born in Louisville, Kentucky and began traveling and living throughout the United States at the age of 18. Having studied at Indiana University, the Rhode Island School of Design and finally receiving a Bachelor of Art degree while living in Oklahoma, her family relocated to Denver where for the next 5 years she painted across the west from Colorado to California. Her love of landscape continued for the next 20 years while living in the Adirondack Mountains of Upstate New York. Although, living in a beautiful part of the country, where plein air painting is a challenge almost any time of year, Ann also spends time painting on the coast of Maine and Massachusetts. One of her most memorable trips was a week of painting on iconic Monhegan Island, Maine. She states that, “being able to walk in the footsteps of some of the country’s greatest painters was incredibly inspiring.”
Shipped Work: 3/18
Online Registration Deadline: 3/21
Hand Delivery: 3/24 & 3/25 (11am-3pm)
Exhibition Opens: 4/2
Award Winners Notified: 4/8
Opening Reception: 4/22 - Exhibiting Artists and View Members Preview 4pm, opens to the general public from 5pm-7pm
Exhibition Closes: 6/5
Pick Up Date: 6/6 (11am-3pm or by appointmeny)
• Through the generous donation of our supporters, View is able to offer over $1,000 in cash awards/prizes including a $500 scholarship for a student.
• This exhibition is open to living artists age 16 and up who are either members of View or reside within 200 miles.
• An entry fee of $25/$15 for View Members allows artists to submit one work for exhibition.
• The exhibition is open to all media, except video, film and sound.
• All works must be of original design and execution and created within the past 2 years.
• Artworks may not exceed 48” in any dimension or weigh over 100 pounds. (unless prior arrangements are made).
• 2-dimensional work must be appropriately framed with a wire and ready for hanging. (No saw tooth hangers please)
• All work must be priced or valued for insurance purposes.
• View retains a 35% commission on all entries sold.
• Artwork will be insured by View for the duration of the exhibition.
• All submitted works may be used by View to publicize the exhibition or facility.
• Artwork unclaimed by July 1st, 2022 will become the property of View.
• Work must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition.
• To be included in the online exhibition you must submit a photo during registration.
• All work must be registered online. Note: We are requiring online registration as we will continue to offer an online exhibition along with our in-person exhibition.
• Deadline for registration is March 21, 2022
• Works may be hand delivered 11am - 3pm: Thursday, March 24th or Friday, March 25th, 2022 or by appointment.
• View is unable to store packing materials. All materials used in the delivery of artwork must be removed from the premises once the work has been delivered.
• View is also able to receive shipped work.
• All shipped works must arrive no later than: March 18, 2022.
• All shipping is at the expense of the artist.
• There will be a $10 handling fee for shipped work. The handling fee covers condition reporting and packing. (Cash or Check - make payable to View)
• You must include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the work.
• Shipped work should be sent to:
2022 Central Adirondack Art Show
PO Box 1144
3273 St. Rt. 28
Old Forge, NY 13420
• The exhibition closes on Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 4pm.
• Pick up is Monday, June 6th from 11am - 3pm or by appointment.
• For any questions, assistance or to schedule an appointment for drop off/pick up contact Visual Arts Manager, Heather Caufield - firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-369-6411 x206
Members get discounted entry fees to exhibitions and more!
Download the Prospectus: 2022-CADK-Prospectus.pdf
Download Artwork ID Label/Receipt: 2022-CADK-Artwork-Label-and-Receipt.pdf
Tips for taking images of your work
To help take the best pictures possible of your work, we have found some in-depth, step-by-step tutorials to aid you in the process. The links below include a lot of details, but the key takeaways are all the same:
Tutorials for a smartphone camera: