Submission Deadline: October 12, 2020
View invites artists to submit to New York State Juried Sculpture Exhibit. Sculpture is defined for this show as two- or three-dimensional representative, figurative or abstract art forms made by one or more basic processes--carving, modeling, casting, constructing or welding. Stone, metal, wood, paper, glass, clay, fiber or mixed media will be accepted. Functional or craft objects will not be eligible.
For any questions regarding the exhibition please contact:
Visual Arts & Exhibits
315 369 6411 ext 206
Selection and Awards Judge: Matthew Wilt
Ceramicist and art educator Matt Wilt is an award winning artist both nationally and internationally. Educated at Penn State University and Ohio University, Wilt was also an apprentice at Moravian Pottery and Tileworks and earned a Fellowship and Resident Artist positions at The Clay Studio. Experience in architectural terra cotta restoration and travel in the Far East further inform the work of this talented artist and head of the ceramics program at Skidmore College.
Through the generous donations of our supporters, View is able to offer the following awards:
Honorable Mention (2)
Cash prizes to be announced
• This exhibition is open to living artists age 16 and up who are either members of View or reside in New York State.
• The exhibition is open to stone, metal, wood, paper, glass, clay, fiber or mixed media. Functional or craft objects will not be eligible.
• All works must be of original design, execution and created within the past 2 years.
• Any selected artworks that exceed 48” in any dimension or weigh over 100 pounds must send notification to firstname.lastname@example.org so arrangements for delivery/installation can be discussed.
• All work must be ready for display or hanging.
Terms of Entry
• All work must be priced or valued for insurance purposes.
• View retains a 35% commission on all entries sold.
• Artwork will be insured by View for the duration of the exhibition.
• All submitted works may be used by View to publicize the exhibition or facility.
• Artwork unclaimed by June 11th, 2021 will become the property of View.
• Work must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition.
• Selection notification will be sent by October 19, 2020.
• Selected works may be hand delivered 10am - 4pm:November 5th & 6th or by appointment.
• View is unable to store packing materials. All materials used in the delivery of artwork must be removed from the premises once the work has been delivered.
• View is also able to receive shipped work.
• All selected shipped works must arrive no later than: Tuesday, November 3rd.
• All shipping is at the expense of the artist.
• There will be a $10 handling fee for each package shipped to View. The handling fee covers condition reporting and photographing of the works as it arrives, and follow up conditioning and repacking at the conclusion of the exhibition.
• View reserves the right to utilize all images submitted to the exhibition in promotion of the exhibition and for the general promotion of View.
• View may rescind the right of hanging any work unsuitably presented or misrepresented.
• A non-refundable entry fee of $30/$25 for Members of View enables the artist to submit up to 2 works. Each artist may submit a total of 5 works at a cost of an
additional $10 per image. Payment should be made at onlinejuriedshows.com. Entry fees must be paid during submission.
• Submissions will be made through Online Juried Shows, please contact email@example.com for any assistance in regards to the submittal process.
• Submission Deadline: October 12, 2020
• Notification of Acceptance: October 19, 2020
• Selected works may be hand delivered 10am - 4pm: November 5 & 6, 2020 (or by appointment)
• Selected shipped works must arrive no later than: November 3, 2020
• Opening Reception November 13, 2020
• Exhibition opens to the public: November 14, 2020
• Exhibition closes: March 27, 2021
• Pick-up of unsold work begins: March 29, 2021