Ripple & Roar: The Wonder of Water
- Open in View's 2 largest galleries
- Exhibiting from June 10, 2023 - July 30, 2023.
- Deadline for entry is May 1, 2023
- Work to be received at View by May 26, 2023
View, the Center for Arts & Culture in Old Forge, NY, seeks works of art in all media exploring the theme of water. Water, the essential resource of life, faces a variety of challenges including but not limited to climate change, pollution, invasive species, and development. We are seeking works that celebrate the ethereal beauty of water, explore its inspirational qualities, reflect its many changing moods, and underscore our critical relationship with it. Our goal is to challenge viewers to think about how we value, use, and conserve water. Works of art might consider water from a global point of view, a regional perspective, a cultural perspective, or with a specific focus on the Adirondacks. This call is open to all media.
- All Media accepted
- All work must be able to be moved/placed by one person.
- All entries must be of original design and personal execution created within the past 2 years.
- Artwork previously shown at View is not eligible.
- View is a public non-profit art center open to everyone; as such, the content of submissions should be appropriate for all visitors.
- All submissions will run through CaFÉ at www.callforentry.org.
- Artists should set up a profile on CaFÉ or log into their existing profile, upload artwork as digital files.
- Follow entry instructions.
- Image size should be unframed dimensions of your work.
- CaFÉ does not permit any image changes, replacements, or refunds after submission.
- Please check your pricing carefully, price changes are not permitted after entry in CaFÉ. If your work is not for sale, make sure to list that where required in your application. By submitting your pricing through CaFÉ, you agree to sell that work at the price submitted.
- Submitting a work of art to this exhibition the artist agrees to the conditions and terms set forth in this Prospectus as well as in the Acceptance Notification Letter.
- A non-refundable entry fee of $35 enables the artist to submit one work. Each artist may submit a total of 3 works at a cost of an additional $10 per image. Payment should be made at CallforEntry.org (CaFÉ).
- All works must be of original design and copyright of the artist.
- View reserves the right to utilize all images submitted to the Adirondack National Exhibition of American Watercolors in promotion of the exhibition and for the general promotion of View.
- View may rescind the right of hanging any work unsuitably presented or misrepresented.
- Full instructions for shipping and delivery will be provided in the Acceptance Notification Letter
- Selection notification will be sent by May 10, 2023
- Selected artwork must be received at View no later than May 26, 2023
- View receives 35% commission on any sales made during or resulting from the exhibition at View
- Selected artwork must be suitably framed and ready for installation
- All shipping is at the expense of the artist. There will be a $10 handling fee for each package shipped to View. The handling fee covers condition reporting and photographing of the work as it arrives, and follow up conditioning and repacking at the conclusion of the exhibition. You must include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the work.
- Accepted artists will receive detailed information regarding shipping and handling requirements.
To submit your work to Ripple & Roar, please click here
View is a dynamic Center for Arts and Culture based in the Adirondack Region of New York State. www.viewarts.org
For any questions regarding the exhibition please contact:
View Center for Arts & Culture
315 369 6411 x206