Check Back to Submit
Submission Deadline: December 9th
Artists are invited to submit to Textures and Layers: A Walk in the Woods, a national juried exhibition, at View in Old Forge, NY. The exhibition is open to artists, age 18 and up, working in all media (artists working in sound, video, or film must provide their own equipment).
A walk in the woods is a multi-sensory experience created by the varied textures and layers of the environment. From micro to macro scale we are bombarded by the combined visual, auditory, tactile, and olfactory event. View Art Center wants to recreate the impression of these sensory experiences in our inter-connected galleries. We are looking for artists’ responses to the textures and layers of the woods.
View is a premier multi-arts facility located in the Central Adirondacks of New York State. www.viewarts.org
For any questions regarding the exhibition that do not pertain to the submittal process please contact:
Visual Arts & Exhibits
PO Box 1144
3273 State Route 28
Old Forge, NY 13420
315 369 6411 ext 206
Juror of Selection and Awards
Susan Behrens is a nationally exhibited artist. Recent awards include 1st place in Natural Homes: Nests, Burrows, Caves and Trees at View Arts and 1st place at the Artragious Bird Exhibit in Whitewater, WI.
My paintings begin in a playful manner with paints, shapes and marks. Layers build up and are later scraped back to reveal what is hidden beneath the surface. Textures and shapes find their way to the surface allowing my paintings to evolve naturally. I am attracted to the organic textures, materials and life forms that nature offers. Not knowing what the final outcome will be when I begin a painting is exciting. Being surprised at the outcome brings me great joy. This is a creative process that demands experimentation, playfulness, focus and attention. It teaches me trust, patience and awareness. For me, painting is both liberating and calming. I love the process and delight in the outcome. – Sue Behrens
Through the generous donations of our supporters, View is able to offer the following awards.
Honorable Mention (2)
- All entries must be of original design and personal execution created within the past 2 years.
- Artwork previously shown at View is not eligible.
A non-refundable entry fee of $30/ $25 for members of View enables the artist to submit up to 2 works. Each artist may submit a total of 5 works at a cost of an additional $10 per image. Payment should be made at Submittable.com. Entry fees must be paid during submission.
- All works must be of original design and copyright of the artist.
- View reserves the right to utilize all images submitted to Textures and Layers: A Walk in the Woods in promotion of the exhibition and for the general promotion of View.
- View may rescind the right of hanging any work unsuitably presented or misrepresented.
- Selection notification will be sent by December 19, 2019
- Selected paintings must be received at View no later than January 17, 2020.
- View will retain a 35% Commission on all works sold.
- Selected artwork must be suitably framed and ready for installation
- All shipping is at the expense of the artist. You must include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the work.
- Deadline for submission: December 9 , 2019.
- Notification of acceptance: December 19, 2019
- Work to be received at View by: January 17, 2020
- Exhibition opens February 1, 2020
- Award Notification: February 20, 2020
- Reception: February 21, 2020 5-7pm
- Exhibition Closes: March 28, 2020
Entering your Images
- Payment should be made during registration through Submittable.