Registration Deadline: October 28, 2019
Snowflakes, ice crystals, blue shadows and dark nights transform Adirondack woods, waters and villages into a magical world in the winter. Stars and Christmas lights twinkle in a world wrapped in white. View invites artists to submit works that celebrate winter in the Adirondacks.
Awards Judge: Diane E. Leifheit
Diane E. Leifheit is a painter of pastel working in summer en plein air and winter in the studio. “My fingers hurt too much to work in winter cold.” She has seen what the Adirondack winter can come up with since 1974, deep grey colorless days, brilliant blue shadows and low sun, sideways snow fall and minus 40 degree cold.
She has a AAS degree from Pratt Institute and has studied with Sally Strand, Robert Rohm, Arleen Ordman and several others. She has been a pastel painter since her first box of pastel given to her by a retired aunt and has focused on figurative drawing and landscape painting en plein air in the Adirondacks and beyond for over 40 years.
She has been participating in Plein Air Festivals since 2008 and has received awards for her plein air work - most recently at the The Hyde Collection Plein Air Festival In Glens Falls.
Diane’s work has been exhibited regionally and nationally. She is a member of the Adirondack Pastel Society, Saranac Lake ArtWorks and The Strand Art Center Cooperative Gallery.
For updates and to see her work, go to: www.dianeleifheit.com
Through the generous donation of our supports were are able to offer the following awards:
Honorable Mention (2)
• This exhibition is open to living artists age 16 and up who are either members of View or reside within 200 miles.
• The exhibition is open to all media, except video, film & sound.
• All works must be of original design, execution and created within the past 2 years.
• Artworks may not exceed 48” in any dimension or weigh over 100 pounds (unless prior arrangements are made).
• 2-dimensional work must be appropriately framed with a wire and ready for hanging. No saw tooth hangers please.
Terms of Entry
• All work must be priced or valued for insurance purposes.
• View retains a 35% commission on all entries sold.
• Artwork will be insured by View for the duration of the exhibition.
• All submitted works may be used by View to publicize the exhibition or facility.
• Artwork unclaimed by June 11th, 2020 will become the property of View.
• Work must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition.
• Works may be hand delivered 10am - 4pm: November 7th & 8th.
• View is unable to store packing materials. All materials used in the delivery of artwork must be removed from the premises once the work has been delivered.
• View is also able to receive shipped work.
• All shipped works must arrive no later than: Friday, November 1.
• All shipping is at the expense of the artist.
• There will be a $10 handling fee for each package shipped to View. The handling fee covers condition reporting and photographing of the works as it arrives, and follow up conditioning and repacking at the conclusion of the exhibition.
• You must include a return shipping label.
November 15, 2019 5-7pm
• The exhibition closes on January 11, 2020. Pick up is January 13, 2020 from 10am-4pm.
• View reserves the right to utilize all images submitted to the exhibition in promotion of the exhibition and for the general promotion of View.
• View may rescind the right of hanging any work unsuitably presented or misrepresented.
• A non-refundable entry fee of $20/$15 for View Members allows artists to submit one work. Each artist may submit a second submission for an additional $10. Payment should be made during registration through Submittable. If you need help with registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.