As you know, we announced in mid-March that View would be closed until April 17th . Effective today, and consistent with Governor Cuomo’s earlier mandate that all nonessential businesses be closed, and in consideration of the messaging and guidelines put forth by government medical experts, we are extending our closure to Wednesday, May 20th. We will communicate to you at the appropriate time if it appears that we will need to further extend our closure past this date.
Unfortunately, we will no longer have a physical exhibit at View for Central Adirondack Art Show. If we have any changes or opportunities that become available we will notify artists. We will however have an online exhibition and an online reception.
The online exhibition will include a digital guide, available on our website. This will feature details and an image of each work. Here is a sample of another guide from the current exhibit in the Eco Gallery: https://www.viewarts.org/exhibitions/current-exhibitions/inside-woodland-textures-and-layers/
Judging will be done online, so artists will still have the opportunity to win awards. The online reception will be on April 24 at 5pm. That will include the release of the digital guide and a video by Awards Judge, Tim Ames. Tim will discuss a few awards winners from the exhibition. Visitors will also have the opportunity to select an artist for the Popular Vote. We will be sending out and posting more information about the online reception.
With these new changes we are giving artists the chance to submit for the online exhibition by April 13, 2020. You can register by completing the following form: https://viewarts.submittable.com/submit/159024/2020-central-adirondack-art-show If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
We hope you stay safe and healthy and look forward to when we are able to reopen to our artists and visitors.
Visual Arts & Exhibits
- Most smartphone cameras will work well with good lighting
- Use a window or open/glass door to use as much natural light as possible
- Try not to shoot your work from an angle; square it up and aim for the center of the piece
Important information regarding the Central Adirondack Art Show:
Due to continuing developments regarding COVID-19, View will be closing until April 17. Drop off dates for March 26 - 27 for the Central Adirondack Art Show are cancelled. We will be looking at possibly rescheduling the drop off dates for April 20 - 21, from 11:00am - 3:00pm. The reception as of now will be planned for April 24, 5-7pm. We will assess our situation going forward as we get closer to those dates.
All artists will now be required to pre-register before those possible drop off dates.
In the meantime we encourage you to consider shipping your work via UPS. UPS will anticipate receiving additional artwork and have a schedule/plan for drop off with View while we are closed.
Send shipped work to:
Attn: Heather Caufield
3273 St. Rt. 28
Old Forge, NY 13420
• You must pre-register to ship work - https://viewarts.submittable.com/submit/159024/2020-central-adirondack-art-show
• There will be a $10 handling fee for each package shipped to View. (pay during pre-registration, If you already pre-registered you can include cash or check (checks should be made to View)) The handling fee covers condition reporting and photographing of the works as it arrives, and follow up conditioning and repacking at the conclusion of the exhibition.
• All shipping is at the expense of the artist.
• You must include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the work.
We are hopeful that a positive course of action regarding COVID-19 will occur in the coming weeks so we can responsibly reopen and ensure the health and safety of everyone in our View community.
Visual Arts & Exhibits