- Most smartphone cameras will work well with good lighting
- Use a window or open/glass door to use as much natural light as possible
- Try not to shoot your work from an angle; square it up and aim for the center of the piece
Important information regarding the Central Adirondack Art Show:
Due to continuing developments regarding COVID-19, View will be closing until April 17. Drop off dates for March 26 - 27 for the Central Adirondack Art Show are cancelled. We will be looking at possibly rescheduling the drop off dates for April 20 - 21, from 11:00am - 3:00pm. The reception as of now will be planned for April 24, 5-7pm. We will assess our situation going forward as we get closer to those dates.
All artists will now be required to pre-register before those possible drop off dates.
In the meantime we encourage you to consider shipping your work via UPS. UPS will anticipate receiving additional artwork and have a schedule/plan for drop off with View while we are closed.
Send shipped work to:
Attn: Heather Caufield
3273 St. Rt. 28
Old Forge, NY 13420
• You must pre-register to ship work - https://viewarts.submittable.com/submit/159024/2020-central-adirondack-art-show
• There will be a $10 handling fee for each package shipped to View. (pay during pre-registration, If you already pre-registered you can include cash or check (checks should be made to View)) The handling fee covers condition reporting and photographing of the works as it arrives, and follow up conditioning and repacking at the conclusion of the exhibition.
• All shipping is at the expense of the artist.
• You must include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the work.
We are hopeful that a positive course of action regarding COVID-19 will occur in the coming weeks so we can responsibly reopen and ensure the health and safety of everyone in our View community.
Visual Arts & Exhibits