Urban Sketching with Instructor Bill Elkins
August 12, 2018
Next Session: Sunday, August 12, 2018 / 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
In this watercolor workshop, watercolor artist and recently retired architect, Bill Elkins will instruct:
- How to select a manageable subject (limit the sketch)
- How to fit the desired image on the page (a bit of composition)
- Discussion of portability (sketchbooks and tools)
- How to simplify perspective problems
- How to deal with curious on-lookers
- Any other questions that might come up (that I’m able to answer)
- Think PORTABLE!
Materials to bring:
I sketch Pigma Micron Artist Pens, mostly .01 (.25mm) with a bit of watercolor thrown on afterward. I use Stillman & Birn Zeta Series sketchbooks, 8”x 6” spiral bound, BUT you can use whatever works for you - #2 pencil, charcoal, crayons, colored pencils, etc. Just keep it simple and portable.
Registration deadline: August 5, 2018
View All Fine Arts Workshops