The exhibition series, KEEPING WITH TRADITION, at the Quilts Unlimited Exhibit, is based on the heart of quilting traditions throughout the ages. Most quilters started their quilting adventures by making a traditional quilt and we honor that foundation by presenting an exhibit dedicated to our patchwork origins.
2020 Keeping With Traditions: Flying Geese Popular Vote
Donors: Art & Connie Milligan
"Fox and Geese - Playing Tag in the Snow" by Connie Danko
The series continues this year with the selection of the FLYING GEESE pattern, another simple design that offers many design possibilities for variations, where fabric choices and colors will play an important part in those possibilities. The pattern dates back to at least the early 1800s, and symbolizes the flying V formation of migratory birds. One story associated with this pattern was that it was used to guide fleeing slaves on the journey north, as part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War, a story not proven as fact however.
This exhibit will not be juried and there will be an entry fee of $15/$10 for View Members allows artists to submit one to three entries. All quilters are welcome to submit a quilt for this exhibit and we look forward to a good response. Any colors, any fabrics may be used. It is preferred that the outer dimensions of the quilt not exceed 48”, but if you have made your quilt in a different size, we will happily accept it.
This will be our FIFTH year for this series and we have been very pleased and excited by the results of the creativity, imagination and skills of the participating quilters. We invite you to join in on the fun!
- Work must be received to View by September 18, 2020.
- Exhibition opens September 26, 2020.
- Reception will be held with Quilts Unlimited on October 2, 2020 | 5-7pm
- Exhibition closed October 24, 2020.
- Pickup unsold work begins October 26, 2020.
- The outer dimensions of the quilt not exceed 48”.
- Payment can be made online or in person when delivering the work.
- All works must include the artists name, title of the work on the back of the piece.
$50 Popular Vote
- View reserves the right to utilize all images submitted to Keeping with Traditions in
promotion of the exhibition and for the general promotion of View.
- View may rescind the right of hanging any work unsuitably presented or misrepresented.
- View will retain a 35% Commission on all works sold.
- Selected artwork must be suitably prepared for exhibition
Delivery of Work
- Work must be received to View by September 18, 2020. (If you have a Quilts Unlimited Entry you are welcome deliver that at this time)
- Work can be delivered to View, Keeping with Traditions, 3273 State Route 28, Old Forge, NY 13420, either in person, or by mail.
- All mailed works are at the expense of the artist.
- Mailed works must include return postage.
- Pick-up of unsold work by November 13, 2020. (unless other arrangements are made)
You can print and complete the Entry Form above or click below to submit online.