Information for Artists
Registration Deadline: March 21, 2022
Shipped Work: 3/18
Online Registration Deadline: 3/21
Hand Delivery: 3/24 & 3/25 (11am-3pm or by appointment)
Exhibition Opens: 4/2
Award Winners Notified: 4/8
Opening Reception: 4/22 - Exhibiting Artists and View Members Preview 4pm, opens to the general public from 5pm-7pm
Exhibition Closes: 6/5
Pick Up Date: 6/6 (11am-3pm or by appointment)
• Through the generous donation of our supporters, View is able to offer over $1,000 in cash awards/prizes including a $500 scholarship for a student.
• This exhibition is open to living artists age 16 and up who are either members of View or reside within 200 miles.
• An entry fee of $25/$15 for View Members allows artists to submit one work for exhibition. Only one submission per person.
• The exhibition is open to all media, except video, film and sound.
• All works must be of original design and execution and created within the past 2 years.
• Artworks may not exceed 48” in any dimension or weigh over 100 pounds. (unless prior arrangements are made).
• 2-dimensional work must be appropriately framed with a wire and ready for hanging. (No saw tooth hangers please)
• All work must be priced or valued for insurance purposes.
• View retains a 35% commission on all entries sold.
• Artwork will be insured by View for the duration of the exhibition.
• All submitted works may be used by View to publicize the exhibition or facility.
• Artwork unclaimed by July 1st, 2022 will become the property of View.
• Work must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition.
• To be included in the online exhibition you must submit a photo during registration.
• All work must be registered online. Note: We are requiring online registration as we will continue to offer an online exhibition along with our in-person exhibition.
• Deadline for registration is March 21, 2022
• Works may be hand delivered 11am - 3pm: Thursday, March 24th or Friday, March 25th, 2022 or by appointment.
• View is unable to store packing materials. All materials used in the delivery of artwork must be removed from the premises once the work has been delivered.
• View is also able to receive shipped work.
• All shipped works must arrive no later than: March 18, 2022.
• All shipping is at the expense of the artist.
• There will be a $10 handling fee for shipped work. The handling fee covers condition reporting and packing. (Cash or Check - make payable to View)
• You must include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the work.
• Shipped work should be sent to:
2022 Central Adirondack Art Show
PO Box 1144
3273 St. Rt. 28
Old Forge, NY 13420
• The exhibition closes on Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 4pm.
• Pick up is Monday, June 6th from 11am - 3pm or by appointment.
• For any questions, assistance or to schedule an appointment for drop off/pick up contact Visual Arts Manager, Heather Caufield - firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-369-6411 x206
Download the Prospectus: 2022-CADK-Prospectus.pdf
Download Artwork ID Label/Receipt: 2022-CADK-Artwork-Label-and-Receipt.pdf
Tips for taking images of your work
To help take the best pictures possible of your work, we have found some in-depth, step-by-step tutorials to aid you in the process. The links below include a lot of details, but the key takeaways are all the same:
- Most smartphone cameras will work well with good lighting
- Use a window or open/glass door to use as much natural light as possible
- Try not to shoot your work from an angle; square it up and aim for the center of the piece
Tutorials for a smartphone camera:
- Simple and straightforward guide for shooting art - https://patriciavargas.com/how-to-photograph-your-art-with-your-phone/
- Includes many troubleshooting tips if your photos are not coming out the way you want them to - https://willkempartschool.com/how-to-photograph-your-paintings-with-your-iphone/
- Geared toward people with more expensive camera equipment - https://www.artworkarchive.com/blog/4-steps-to-photographing-your-art-like-a-professional